We are recruiting for an experienced Account Manager to be based in our PPS North office in Manchester. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to communicate confidently with clients and stakeholders, run high profile community consultations, liaise with the media and be an integral part of the team. The candidate will also play a supporting role in new business development across PPS’s core client sectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving and managing client accounts on a daily basis;
- Developing and implementing communication and consultation programmes for PPS’s clients in the North;
- Drafting press office materials including press releases and feature pieces;
- Leading and attending meetings with clients;
- Liaising with third party suppliers to ensure they deliver quality work on time and under budget;
- Managing junior members of staff and working effectively within a team; and
- Supporting new business development, including attendance at networking events and pulling together pitch materials and proposals.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least two years’ experience working in an agency environment on stakeholder engagement, consultation or political lobbying programmes (candidates from related disciplines such as planning consultancy will also be strongly considered);
- Experience of event management and budget control;
- Successfully used digital channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube for previous communications campaigns;
- Excellent writing skills that can translate to a number of different corporate styles and target audiences;
- A good understanding of Local Authorities and the local political landscape, particularly in relation to planning and development;
- Experience of working across multiple client accounts under challenging deadlines; and
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
Successful candidates can expect:
- A fun and friendly office environment in the heart of central Manchester
- A great working environment, including relaxed dress code on Fridays and free staff drinks
- Annual company retreats in the UK and abroad
- 23 days’ annual leave, increasing to 25 after one years' service
- Flexible benefit scheme
- One month’s paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Job code: MAN005
- Location: Manchester
- Start date: Oct 2014
- Expires: 22 Oct 2014
- Salary: 25,000 - 32,000